About one year and a half ago, I began a self-employee activity, and almost at the same time, I've added a "donate" button on the website. I communicate on both points several time, time to review has come :-)
Le'ts start with my self-employment activity. Initial goal was to boost the Galette project, with defined requests (and not quick phrases on mailing list). I have to admit: This is a success; and I hope that will continue!
Seven sponsored releases were born :-)
Every release includes ordered features, as well as some others I've take in charge to integrate myself (as in regular releases).
Here a resume of various enhancements ordered, and developped as of today:
- improve dynamic fields interface,
- hyperlinks management in dynamic fields,
- credentials length changes,
- login and password may now be not required,
- fields visibility configuration,
- advanced search,
- titles management,
- members search via their contributions,
- export as CSV filtered members list,
- contributions reminders, automated via cron,
- parameted invoices and receipt print in PDF (that would be reused for all other Galette PDF),
- external script call after a new contribution (for accountancy export, for example),
- members imports from CSV files,
- add attachments to mailings,
- plugins public pages reworking.
Auto and Maps plugins also get sponsored enhancements.
It is useless to say that those enhancements are directly benefic for the community. I'd like to thanks once again AFUL non profit organization, Debian France non profit organization, the Exsequenda company, and Club 404 non profit organization which has sponsored those releases. Loïs and Roland also sponsored developments, as individuals, thanks to them.
Let's talk about donations. There were no specific target here, just another way for those who did not want to contribute or order new features (thoses orders have a cost, would you believe?) to contribute (trying to motivate me :p).
Well... On that part... It's quite a bum note. According to donate promises (see mailing list archives), it is not, but in facts, only four donations has been made (thank to generous sponsors, they'll recognize themselves); and moreover from people who already are active contributors!
Finally a big part of the community does not contribute in code, support, documentation or financing,.. Evolutions requests are numerous, but with a minimum of involvment from users, they'll be devoted to stay simple requests.
It must be noted that it does concerns - and that's great! - the entire comminuty, and that some people do contribute developping some features, testing, or answering tracker requests (those ones are sometimes scatterbrain or imprecise). A very Big Thank to them!